Learn how to support your sales team with a strategic lead development & nurturing program, common pitfalls to avoid, and how to measure marketing impact.
Lead Development and Nurturing
Lead generation is both a goal and a challenge for many companies. Further, many companies are not taking advantage of the opportunities to nurture leads and do it well.
Consider these statistics:
- 85% of B2B marketers say lead generation is their most important content marketing goal. (Source)
- 79% of marketing leads never convert into sales. A lack of lead nurturing is a common cause of this low performance. (Source)
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% lower cost. (Source)
It’s not uncommon to hear that marketers are challenged by attributing success to lead nurturing campaigns. This could be due to the success metrics put in place to measure lead-nurturing impact.
According to the 2018 Lead Nurturing & Acceleration Survey Report by Demand Gen Report, 67% of marketers measure the success of their lead-nurturing programs based on email click-through rates. However, email click-through rates are not a reliable success metric for lead nurturing. Lead-nurturing success should be measured by the actual movement of leads through the sales funnel.
If you consider lead development and nurturing to be one of your major challenges, keep reading. This series is your comprehensive guide to build your own lead development and nurturing program.
We’ve demystified some of the pitfalls that lead to the all-to-familiar struggle of converting leads to sales so that you can optimize your sales and marketing processes for success.
Five Components for Successful Lead Development & Nurturing
- Identify the Buying Continuum
- Develop Relevant Content
- Generate a Database of Leads
- Nurture Your Leads to Conversion
- Tracking Results and Measuring Impact
Click through to learn more about the five major components of a strategic lead development and nurturing program that boosts sales and boasts success.
Are you interested in optimizing your lead development and nurturing strategy to reach your marketing goals? Send an email to Jill Fecher to start a conversation.